Sunday 8 January 2012

Owls everywhere

I managed to find Blueberry farm at last to see what all the fuss was about. I had really only had half hearted attempts although on bank holiday Tuesday i did make it as far as the lake on the way there but with so much traffic on the single lane road I couldn't bring myself to go any further.

But today - WOW - I had only just got out of the car to put my boots on and there was one quartering in the field. Effortlessly floating above the ground and gracefully turning on a sixpence. occasionally diving onto the ground. The pictures are not great i am afraid as they were either a little far away or i was watching too much to take photos.
There must have been 3 or 4 in each field we visited and were hypnotic. It was really surprising how big they were and the face and eyes so was so large that you thought they were just looking at you until they nonchalantly looked away and changed direction.

If they weren't on the wing they were in a tree or more likely resting on the ground. in all we saw 15 in a short walk an experience i perhaps will never have again.

No comments:

Post a Comment